Sunday 27 September 2009

My focus group

An important part of my preliminary task is my audience focus group. This is a group of people, who fit into my target age group (16-18) for my student magazine. I deliberately chose students who attend my school as their suggestions could be specific to the school if necessary. Also they have experience of the student magazines my school have produced in the past, so they would have more of an idea of what they want to see. I will ask them their ideas on what they would like a student magazine to include and ask for their opinions on any work I produce. The members of my audience focus group are;




Name: Katie Fry

Age: 16

School/college: Southend High School for Girls

Studying: Biology, English Language, Geography and German

Katie currently reads Horse & Rider magazine regularly, as her main interest is horse riding. In a student magazine, Katie would like to see advice arcticles and reviews on the lastest music.




Name: Zehra Quereshi

Age: 16


School/college: Southend High School for Girls

Studying: French, Maths, Psychology and Spanish

Zehra doesn't really read magazines, though she will sometimes read music magazines of her favourite bands (The Killers, Fall Out Boy and The Script) are in them. In a student magazine she would like to see reviews on the latest music and films, fashion and advice.





Name: Leanne Saunders

Age:17

School/college: Southend High School for Girls

Studying: Drama, English Language, Geography and Psychology

Leanne likes More magazine. In a student magazine, she would like to see an Agony Aunt who could advise students on aspects of sixth form life.





Name: Kelly Woods


Age: 16


School/college: Southend High School for Girls

Studying: Biology, Chemistry, German and History

Kelly loves reading real life magazines like Take A Break but hates celebrity magazines. In a student magazine, she would like to see school news and infromation on upcoming events.
























































































































































No comments:

Post a Comment